Burnet Woods became a park in 1872, when the city leased this Clifton property at the behest of Robert W. Burnet and William S. Groesbeck. When the land was acquired by the city in 1881, it included the area now occupied by the University of Cincinnati campus. The present gazebo replaced an earlier one on the site. The pavilion reflects the mission style in its planar wall surfaces, stucco finish and red tiled roof.
© Jonathan Valin